Grab your shopping bags, it’s time for the West Palm Beach GreenMarket!
The City of West Palm Beach hosts the popular outdoor market for all to enjoy in a safe and socially-distanced way starting Saturday, October 3.
The 2020 – 2021 season features vendors selling locally-grown food, fresh flowers, decadent baked goods, vegan offerings, coffees, teas, spices, handmade items, homey finds, and much more. Click here to see a list of vendors!
The Saturday staple, which runs annually from the first weekend in October through mid-to-late April, is the premier place to bring the family – pets included. It takes place weekly on the West Palm Beach Great Lawn, which is on North Clematis, just west of Flagler Drive, from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Here are few ways the City of West Palm Beach is keeping the GreenMarket safe this year amidst the COVID-19 pandemic:
- All vendors and City staff are required to wear masks at all times, and have their temperature checked prior to vendor set up. No admittance without mask. Temperature at time of entry must be under 100.4 or no admittance.
- Face coverings must be worn by all market attendees. No admittance without a face covering.
- City staff will check the temperature of vendors and their staff prior to allowing vendors to set up.
- Vendors are required to limit their staff inside tent space sizes to two staff per 10’ tent.
- The GreenMarket site will be expanded to provide for at least 10’ of space between booths.
- Vendors will set up their booths for perimeter shopping. No guests will enter the booth space. Vendors will post prominent signage indicating where customers can wait to get their order taken and where they wait to pay. Vendors will demarcate lines for customers indicating where they should wait to be served/pay in six-foot increments.
- Staff will monitor crowds at the market, facilitate flow to less crowded areas and stop entrance into the market at certain areas if necessary. Create directional “lanes” throughout the market to control flow of traffic and designate entrances and exits for crowd control.
- Vendors will wipe down high frequency areas, such as point of sales, after each guest. They must also wipe down their tables and other equipment with sanitizing wipes before and after each market day, or more frequently as needed. All vendors are required to provide their own container of hand sanitizer. Vendors must provide utensils to each guest individually; no utensil baskets allowed.
- To facilitate swift shopping, café tables and chairs have been replaced with high tops in the “pit stop” area. The brief break spot is for vendor samples, and quick food and beverage snacks. The space is socially distanced and frequently disinfected. Guests are always encouraged to visit downtown restaurants for safe “Dining on the Spot” seating.
- Vendor samples will be pre-packaged and tastings will take place away from booths, in socially distanced areas.
- Additional handwashing and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the market.
- All non-essential activities, including entertainment, market events, cooking demos and kids’ activities have been suspended.
The GreenMarket is friendly to dogs on short leashes and is always free.
Parking is available in two City garages, both just blocks from the waterfront. Your first two hours of parking are FREE when entering City garages before 1:00 p.m.
You may also be interested in…