Nobody wants to be outside on a hot day without a refreshing drink in their hand. Luckily, Flavorman has three new recipes that will keep you cool this summer.
Ginger Basil Limeade
1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
2 tsp sugar
2 cups water
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 8 limes)
2 bottles ginger beer
Fresh basil, for garnish
- Combine basil leaves and sugar in a pitcher.
- Crush leaves with a wooden spoon until well-bruised.
- Add water and lime juice and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ginger beer and stir until combined.
- Serve over ice, garnished with a sprig of fresh basil.*To make a refreshing cocktail, add 1.5oz of vodka to each glass for an herbal twist on a Moscow Mule!
Honey Mint Grapefruit-ade
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup warm water
Mix together honey and water until honey is completely dissolved
Honey mint Grapefruit-aid:
1/2 cup water
2½ cups fresh grapefruit juice
Fresh mint, for garnish
- In a pitcher, combine honey syrup and mint.
- Muddle until the mint is well-bruised.
- Add water and grapefruit juice and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice, garnished with a fresh mint sprig.*To make a refreshing cocktail, replace water with 1 cup of bourbon.
Hibiscus Tea (Jamaica) + Lemonade
For Hibiscus Tea (Jamaica):
2 cups water
¼ cup dried culinary Hibiscus flowers
1 cinnamon stick
¾-1 cup sugar
- Add water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add all other ingredients and cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher and discard the hibiscus flowers and cinnamon stick.
2-3 cups water (sparkling, if you want some bubbles)
¾ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
Lemon wheels or fresh hibiscus flowers, for garnish
- Just before serving, add lemon juice and remaining water (still or sparkling), to taste to the hibiscus tea.
- Serve over ice, garnished with a lemon wheel or a fresh hibiscus flower.*To make a refreshing cocktail, replace 1 cup of water from the lemonade with 1 cup of gin. We suggest a floral gin like Hendricks.