The 109th edition of the South Florida Fair is just around the corner!
The Fair will be held January 15-31, 2021 at the South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach. This year’s theme is “An Earthly A-Fair.”
“Just as Disney, art events, boat shows and other entertainment venues have reopened, we also are moving forward with our guests’ safety as our number one priority,” said Vicki Chouris, the fair’s president & CEO in a press release. “Throughout our planning process, we have been and continue to be focused on not only providing top-notch entertainment as we do every year but also making sure we institute a number of protocols and changes to ensure the fairgoers’ safety.”
These safety measures include mandatory mask wearing by everyone; hand sanitizing stations throughout the fairgrounds; shorter, more frequent entertainment shows; touchless doors and an improved air-conditioning filtration system in the Expo Center; more strolling acts outdoors and fewer stage acts; mandatory safety protocols for all vendors; and a revamped site layout to accommodate more distancing between rides and other features. In addition, the popular “$2 Tuesdays” promotion has been postponed until 2022 due to the large crowds that it prompted in previous years.
Fairgoers may review the new operations and sanitation procedures on the fair’s website at www.southfloridafair.com.
Simplified and lower-priced ticketing for 2021
• Advance tickets and ride vouchers are only being sold online via the fair’s website, www.southfloridafair.com from Dec. 4, 2020 through January 14, 2021.
• Buying a ticket in advance allows for contactless admission and avoiding having to wait in line at the ticket booths. Guests with an advance ticket will show their barcode on their phone at the gate.
• Admission is free for children 10 and younger, in advance and at the gate! (Last year, it was 5 and younger.) Advance tickets are $10 for 11 years and older and may be used any day.
• Tickets at the gate will be $10, good Monday-Friday, and $15 on Saturday and Sunday (a $5 savings compared to last year).
Gold Pass Promotion and the return of the PowerPass
• From Dec. 4-6 only, guests who purchase a $20 ride voucher, good Monday-Friday, will receive a free Gold Access Pass, a value up to $20, which allows fairgoers to move to the front of the line at a special checkerboard lane.
• The ever-popular PowerPass, which includes admission and unlimited rides on any one weekday, is returning and is just $25. If purchased during this same weekend of Dec. 4-6, guests also will receive a free Gold Access Pass.
• The PowerPass will continue to be sold online at www.southfloridafair.com through Jan. 14, 2021 for $25.