After last year’s hiatus due to the pandemic, Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day returns for free admission at participating museums on Saturday, Sept. 18.
The annual, one-day event allows people free access to participating museums and cultural institutions around the country. Anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket can get free general admission for up to two people. Participants are allowed to download one ticket per email address.
In order to receive the offer, visit the Smithsonian’s website, and find a participating museum you would like to visit. Download your ticket and present it at the museum.
Here’s the list of participating museums in the New Orleans area:Cornell Art Museum
- Cornell Art Museum, Delray Beach, FL
- Deerfield Beach Old School House, Deerfield Beach, FL
- The Historic Butler House Museum, Deerfield Beach, FL
- Deerfield Beach Historical Society Museum and Cultural Center, Deerfield Beach, FL
- Seaboard Air Line Railroad Station, Deerfield Beach, FL
- Pompano Beach Historical Society, Pompano Beach, FL
- Coral Springs Museum of Art, Coral Springs, FL
- Historical Society of Martin County, Stuart, FL
- NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- History Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL