There’s a new grocery store opening up in Delray Beach! Whole Foods Market will open its doors to a 41,000 square-foot store in Delray Beach on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
The store is located at 680 Linton Boulevard. In celebration of the opening day, Whole Foods Market will provide guests with complimentary coffee, local product sampling and music before the store opens. Additionally, the first 500 customers in line will receive a $5 savings card, with one customer receiving one for $500. Once the doors open, the first 500 customers to check out will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Delray Beach reusable shopping bag.
“We can’t wait to welcome the Delray Beach community into their new Whole Foods Market,” said Jan Vandervort in a news release. “We’re working hard to create a relaxed, inviting atmosphere that our neighbors will love, and we look forward to providing this community with a wide selection of accessible, high quality and innovative products, as well as a variety of local items that are exclusive to Whole Foods Market,” said the Store Team Leader.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from 15 local growers and a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Seafood counter featuring locally sourced, fresh seafood offerings such as Key West pink shrimp, spiny lobster tail and whole yellow tail snapper, as well as made-in-house options including key lime shrimp, marinated salmon fillets and Tuscan salmon meatballs.
- Full-service butcher offering made in-house sausages, dry-aged beef and ready-to-cook options including marinated burgers and seasoned kabobs, as well as local ground beef, ribeye steaks and strip steaks.
- Bakery department offering an array of freshly baked cakes and pies made in-house, as well as artisan breads, gourmet cakes and items for special diets.
- Specialty foods section featuring a variety of natural wines and freshly cut cheeses, as well as an assortment of chocolates and other items from local suppliers; the cheese selection is overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion.
- Selection of about 100 beers and 800 wines, including options from local producers.
- Prepared foods section featuring a salad bar, 24 seasonally rotating soups, Neapolitan and Detroit style pizza, rotisserie chickens, plant-based entrées, sushi and a full-service charcuterie case.
- Full-service coffee and juice bar offering a variety of cold brew, espresso, Cuban coffee and cold-pressed juices on tap.
- Beauty, body care and home goods section featuring products from more than 20 local suppliers, some of which are exclusive to Whole Foods Market; from opening day through Feb. 2, all wellness and beauty products at the Delray Beach store will be 25% off, including protein, probiotics, face care, makeup and more.
Whole Foods Market Delray Beach will employ approximately 150 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.