Who doesn't love this dessert?
There is something about banana pudding that keeps us coming back for seconds. Everyone and their grandma has a recipe that they swear by. Use this quick and easy recipe as a guide to start your own tradition. Luckily, it makes quite a bit, so you don’t have to worry about running out.
- 1 8 0z. package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 5 oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping
- 4 bananas (sliced)
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold half the container of frozen whipped topping into the mixture, saving the other half for later. Set pudding mixture aside.
- Fill the bottom of a 9×13 dish with a layer of vanilla wafer cookies, followed by half of the sliced bananas, and half the pudding mixture. Then another layer of vanilla wafer cookies, remaining bananas and remaining pudding mixture. Cover with remaining frozen whipped topping, and top with crumbled vanilla wafer cookies.
- Chill for three hours before serving.
Copyright 2019 The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.