Holidays in South Florida call for all the usual suspects — turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, etc. But a fresh South Florida key lime pie on the dinner table is the perfect ending to a great holiday feast! Nina from Nina’s Fresh Bakery graciously shared her delicious South Florida key lime pie recipe with us so that you can be the talk of the town this holiday season, enjoy!
- 25 graham crackers or gingersnaps (about 6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 3/4 cups canned condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- finely grated zest of 3 limes
- 4 egg yolks
- whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan, about 1 1/2 inches deep. To make the crust, put the cookies, sugar and cinnamon into a food processor and pulse into reduced to fine crumbs – do not over process to a powder! Add the melted butter and process until combined.
- Transfer the crumb mixture into the prepared tart pan and press over the bottom and up the sides. Put the pan on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, to make the filing, beat together the condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, and egg yolk i. A bowl until well blended.
- Remove the tart pan from the oven, pour the filling into the crust, and spread out to the edges. Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until the filling is set around the edges but still wobbly in the center. Let cool completely on a wire rack, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Nina’s Fresh Bakery
1200 Town Center Dr #110
Jupiter, FL 33458
Learn more about Nina’s Fresh Bakery.
Stay up to date with all things South Florida Weekend!