Nonna’s Gigante Meatball
Vic & Angelo’s PGA wants everyone to be able to make a tasty Italian meal at home. They shared Nonna’s Gigante Meatball recipe with us. Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ Pounds ground beef
- 1 Pound ground pork
- ½ Pound ground veal
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dry basil
- 2 Tablespoons dry oregano
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ Cup chopped garlic
- 2 Cups toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 Cups whole milk
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Egg
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees and lightly oil your baking sheets.
- Combine the ground beef, pork and veal in a large mixing bowl – blend together by hand.
- Add in all seasonings; salt, black pepper, dry basil, dry oregano, chopped parsley, garlic and breadcrumbs – mix well together.
- Once finely mixed, crack your egg and stir in with the whole milk and water.
- Wrap and chill for one hour.
- Using freshly washed hands, begin shaping your mixture into 4 oz. sized meatballs and place on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until meatballs are browned and show no signs of pink when pierced with a sharp knife or toothpick.
- Let cool for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!