Take your dip game to a new level.
Whether you’re getting together with friends, bringing something to the office or just watching your favorite sports team, this easy bacon cheddar dip is a must-have. Our friends at Cincy Weekend met up with Lee Ann Miller from Walnut Creek to teach them how to make it. Enjoy!
Easy Bacon Cheddar Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced.
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 16 oz taco sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb smoked bacon (2 lbs if this is your main dish)
- Cut up your bacon into small, thin slices and fry in a skillet. Drain onto a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream.
- Spread on a 12 inch glass plate. Stay about a ½ inch away from the edges of the dish.
- Combine onions, tomatoes, and green peppers in a bowl and drain all the juice out.
- Sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, starting around the outside edge and working toward the center so the taco sauce doesn’t run over the edge.
- Sprinkle your bacon on top and serve with tortilla chips.