We can already smell the gumbo!
Make plans to attend the 1st Annual Boca GumboFest! This event is presented by the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Inc. on Saturday, October 20th from noon to 6:00 p.m. at Red Reef Park in Boca Raton. Get directions here!
“People are very excited about this fun, unique green event that also raises money for a beloved community jewel, Gumbo Limbo,” said Brandon Canute, Development Manager, Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Inc.
Gumbofest will feature gumbo recipes by local chefs from restaurants including the Funky Buddha Brewery, Publix Aprons, Henry’s of Delray and E&M Catering;. Enjoy live music with drinks, games, raffles, and so much more! Awards will be given to the Grand Gumbo Master, Gumbo Master, and People’s Choice for best gumbo in the area.
- VIP tickets: $50 pre-sale, $75 on October 13th
- expedited entry, beer and gumbo lines at the event
- a special limited edition commemorative steel pint pre-filled with a beverage of choice
- five Gumbo Bucks
- Adult tickets: $17.50 for Friends Members, $20 for Non-Members pre-sale, $25 on October 13
- parking, admission and one Gumbo Buck
- Children’s tickets (under 12 years of age) are $5 in advance and on-site
Tickets are available now at this link. “Gumbo Bucks” will be available for purchase at the event to redeem for beer, cocktails, and gumbo.
All proceeds benefit Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Inc. — “Founded in 1981, Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Inc. works to provide advisory, programmatic, and financial/fundraising support to the mission of inspiring stewardship of coastal marine resources. Some of the most impactful programs are the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation and Conservation programs, the Scholarship and Grant programs, community relations and and environmental educational for all ages.”