Halle Frey with Flower and Fringe in West Palm Beach shows us how to arrange a dozen roses at home!
- Unwrap packaging, place flower food to the side.
- Remove leaves up to the top leaf, shave thorns off with a small knife.
- Remove any discolored and dry-looking outer petals.
- Fill a large vase with lukewarm water.
- Pour half the packet of flower food and mix into the water.
- Use greenery to create a “turtleneck” around the top of the vase. You may need to clip the greenery to make it sit flush with the top of the vase.
- Add rose stems into the greenery. Let them fall naturally.
- Finish the arrangement off with “filler flower” like baby’s breath or Queen Anne’s lace.
- Remember to change the water after two days, and use the rest of your flower food packet to give the roses a “boost” of energy!
Thanks to Flower and Fringe in West Palm Beach, Florida for giving us their tips!